Diversity is a good thing. My music playlist for today's work session is:
- Kronos Quartet Performs Philip Glass
- Metallica / San Francisco Symphony: S&M
- Massive Attack: Mezzanine
- Doves: The Last Broadcast
- Twilight, as played by the Twilight Singers
- Maroon 5: Songs About Jane
- Sunny Day Real Estate: The Rising Tide
- one of five more Toad the Wet Sprocket CDs
- Throwing Muses: Hunkpapa
There are more, but this is the core. The core doesn't often vary...I need more variety but I am very picky about work music. Not that you could tell, as this list looks awfully random.
This is not my "list of favorite albums ever" -- I don't really have one of those. I have a list of work music, a list of road trip music (not that I've taken one in years, but still) and a list of CDs I just listen to in the car when sports talk radio or NPR sucks at that moment. All of those lists are different. Fascinating, I'm sure.