No Fancy Name
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
blog it forward
This was called to my attention via mac at pesky'apostrophe, who would totally be one of my chosen blogs below except I'm trying to circumvent the rules because choosing is hard. So anyway, Blog it Forward Day [via Buzz]...
There's a little something that we used to do around here that spread feelings of friendship rather than feelings of foe-ship (hey, I just made up a word). I say we run it up the proverbial flagpole and see if anyone salutes. It's called:

Blog It Forward Day!!

For those of you new to this, it's really simple. All you need to do is pick someone (or sometwo or somethree) off of your blogroll and post on your site just why you feel that they are linkworthy. Why the heck did you link them? Why are they given that place of prominence over there on your sidebar? Are they funny? Are they wise? Are they just too damn good looking to pass by? Let us know about them.

You know it will just make their day to see their name in the spotlight, right? Remember, we're spreading friendly feelings with this exercise. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much love out here in blogland.
Everyone then tracks back to the post so we can all feel the love.

Except shit, I have to pick? Come on, if you're on my blogroll, that means I read everything you write and I love you. Well, maybe not the last part, but I definitely like you lots. That's why my blogroll is relatively small...I can only read so much without going insane in a day.

I decided to disqualify those "biggies" on my list who are already well-loved and get lots of traffic. I also decided to disqualify close personal friends who would otherwise top the list of "love 'em! must read!" Unfortunately, that didn't narrow things down nearly enough, so to those I don't particularly shout out here, I'm a-shoutin' out in ma heart.

THREE TO READ (ABC ORDER)

- A Wicked Muse—I only recently found Aurora's blog, through reading comments on Hugo Schwyzer's blog on numerous topics. America Fucks Itself Again is a post-election post that rings oh so true.

- Mode for Caleb—I don't mean to harp on this (as I usually do when he posts something and I immediately link to it), but Caleb is really frickin' smart. I have to save up all my attention-span points and then cash them in when he posts something new, but it's worth it. New readers should start with his "Open Letter to the World" and "Open Letter to America," both written in the wake of the election.

- Scrivenings—Really, really good political blogging, coupled with real-life stuff. You gotta love a guy that can post an entry called "Fuck Bipartisanship" followed soon after by a chronicle of one of his adorable kids eating a popsicle. Really.





 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.