not the friday random ten, but a playlist all the same
I suck, S-U-C-K, at making playlists. Then my buddy asked for my help in doing so, as this weekend is the State Cup tournament for soccer-plyaing kiddos and their boy is not only playing, but is the proud owner of an iPod Mini and thus she said she'd make him a "get stoked for state cup" mix. Between us, we have thousands of songs so we figured no problem...right? Boy, was this hard to do. First, there are explicit tracks -- filter those. Then there are the suggestive tracks, if you know what they're suggesting and can hear the words -- filter those. Those two filters severely hindered what we could do.
My contribution was this:
- "Lost in Space (Theme)" by Apollo 440 from Gettin' High on Your Own Supply
- "The Incredits" by Michael Giacchino from The Incredibles Soundtrack
- "Galaxy Bounce" by The Chemical Brothers from Come with Us
- "Renegade Master [Fatboy Slim Old Skool Mix]" by Fatboy Slim from Fatboy Slim/Norman Cook Collection
- "Phun-Ky" by Fatboy Slim from On the Floor at the Boutique
- "Stop the Rock" by Apollo 440 from Gettin' High on Your Own Supply
- "Out of Control" by Hoobastank from The Reason
- "Elevation" by U2 from All That You Can't Leave Behind
- "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine from Matrix Soundtrack
Although, I added the note that I thought "Out of Control" was probably too much, and I wasn't sure if she was ready to explain Rage Against the Machine yet. But the first six would work, and I kept the others on a playlist for me.