No Fancy Name
Monday, March 14, 2005
the getting-to-know-you meme...
Peer pressure got to me, so I did the "getting to know you" meme. What you'll find is that I'm terribly boring.

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mtns. I think Scrivener and his family would be my neighbors.

2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING?
Worn-in jeans.

3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT?
If we're talking the digital equivalent of CDs, I think it would be Pleasure Club's Here Comes the Trick and The Fugitive Kind. The last physical CD I bought was U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Usually between 4 and 5am.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Does a knife block count? If not, then I'll say my dishwasher.

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Mandolin

7. FAVORITE COLOR?
Black.

8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV?
I'm with New Kid on the whole "sport wagon" thing. We have the same car (Mazda Protege 5).

9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE?
No.

10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
Frog & Toad Are Friends

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Winter

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I have twelve of them, IOW too many to mention. This picture has one of them in it.

13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Invisibility.

14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Not even if my life depended on it.

15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
My great-great-great-grandparents, William David Benney (b. 1833 in Cornwall) and Sarah Jane Devore (b. 1832 in Pennsylvania) so I could figure out for sure who their parents were, because they're one of my genealogy roadblocks.

16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED?
Not a thing.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Saturday. It's erranding/decompressing-from-the-week/switch-to-academic-thinking day.

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Sushi

19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
Maybe Scrivener. But won't I look like a loser if no one responds at all? Yes, I will.

20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME?
At kinesthesis breakthrough because I read my blogroll in ABC order and that was the first blog I came to that had posted this meme.

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
I like tulips.

23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
I like breakfast food, but it's a special occasion when I go out and have breakfast, or at least an occasion that requires planning. Usually I just drink a lot of coffee.

24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS.
A crappy t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?
Cheese omelet, potatoes and buttery toast.

26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB?
Sure.

27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
To teach comp.

28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE?
When I'm dead.

29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
I don't have one.

30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.
Teach comp. :)

go to main page






 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.