No Fancy Name
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
quick hits
I finished going through the BBA blogroll and only added one more to my blogroll: The Republic of T. This is not to say all other blogs were "unworthy" of my blogroll, because that would be inaccurate. Some things automatically disqualify a blog/web site from something that I want to read every day, such as: black backgrounds, multicolored text, very large and extraneous graphical images, a lack of whitespace around content, anything that blinks, most things that are animated, text that is simply a collection of links with no real commentary, attempts at commentary that do not surpass the commentary made by others who are already on my blogroll, and so forth. I also like blogs which are a mishmash of things—not all political, not all geeky, not all academic, not all personal, but a pretty even distribution of all things. YMMV, of course, and going through the list is a good time-killer if it's like the middle of the night and you can't sleep.

*********

One of our clients is a really good guy, one of the Good Christians in the world. He's written a book called Touched by God (at Amazon but currently unavailable) which I am confident would be enjoyed by the spiritual folk among my readers. Despite my lack of religion, I've always enjoyed everything Lewis has written. Hopefully he will let us know more about the availability of his book and when I know, I'll pass it on.

*********

I'm behind in my book-writin', which is stressful, but I'll make it up.

*********

I'm not so much a fan of Bloglines.

*********

I think I dig Odeo, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. I do know that it is very elegantly coded, which always makes me happy. Jeremy Keith says the same thing and then some, because he's played with it for more than the hour or so that I did.

*********

Tomorrow I'll be in the dentist's chair for two hours, getting three wisdom teeth yanked. Fun for all.





 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.