No Fancy Name
Friday, June 17, 2005
that untitled informational meme
Oh, what the hell.

My uncle once: I really don't know. I've only had three (two by blood and one by marriage). The one by marriage (my dad's sister's husband) owned a donut shop for a very long time, and he and my aunt made the best damn donuts I've had in my entire life—better than Krispy Kreme, even. As for my other uncles (mom's brothers), uh...I dunno. We weren't a close family. One was a sharpshooter, won all sorts of awards, I think (cuz? this would be your dad. feel free to fill in.) The other uncle, I couldn't tell you a darn thing about him except that he had polio as a kid and one leg was much shorter than the other, and despite this fact he had to fight for years and years and years to get disability payments (at which time they paid him retroactive to some year prior, which was a good thing).

Never in my life have I: Heck, I haven't done a lot of things.

When I was five: Who remembers when they were five? I sure don't. I remember seeing pictures of myself when I was five, but I don't remember being five.

High school was: thankfully, something I got to skip.

I will never forget: the first time I met Mel. It was pretty fucking funny. I can't tell you all the story though, I don't think, which is probably good because it wouldn't be that funny unless you were there.

I once met: I've met me fair share of interesting and/or famous people, but right now I'll go with Profgrrrrl, since she's the last "new" person I met in real life.

Once at a bar: I was drinking with a world-class athlete and ended up being the most sober person at the table. Actually, this has happened way more than once.

By noon I'm usually: ready for a nap.

Last night: The Giants actually won a frickin' ballgame.

If only I had: fewer debts (although my debt load is significantly better than it was at this time last year).

Next time I go to church: will likely never occur.

When I turn my head left: I see this.

When I turn my head right: I see this.

Every day I think about: work, which is remarkable since I don't actually do a lot of work (my tasks tend to come in short bursts which I can complete fairly quickly).

You know when I'm lying when: You think I'm going to tell you? What if we play poker together someday?

By this time next year: I will know which (if any) PhD programs would be a good fit for me and/or might accept me.

I have a hard time understanding: most of our clients.

If I ever go back to school I'llWhen classes start in August I'll: be very happy.

You know I like you when: I stop casting wary glances at you, and I speak to you in complete sentences.

If I won an award the first person I'd thank is: the person handing me the award.

My ideal breakfast is: from a diner of some sort, and is cheap.

A song I love, but do not have is: Bob Dylan's "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again" as performed by Catbird Seat on A Tribute to Bob Dylan (vol 1, 1991).

If you visit my hometown, I suggest: continuing to drive through (quickly) it to your actual destination.

Why won't anyone: get W out of office.

If you spend the night at my house: I will apologize profusely for the cat hair.

I'd stop my wedding for: There will never be a wedding.

The world could do without: [See third question above this one.]

I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat it.

Paper clips are more useful than: The president! I kid, I kid. No wait, I don't kid.

If I do anything well: I am surprised.

And by the way: I hate to run.

The last time I was drunk: was something like four or five years ago.

go to main page






 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.