No Fancy Name
Friday, August 19, 2005
friday non-random 24
Despite my participation in the Friday Random 10s, I don't really listen to music in a random fashion. I'm an old fuddy duddy who listens to CDs from track 1 to end, and often I'll listen to a whole series of CDs at once. For instance, I'll listen to all my Everything But the Girl tracks, all my Toad the Wet Sprocket tracks, all my Coldplay tracks, all my Tricky tracks, etc.

Right now I'm listening to all my Girlyman tracks, which number only twenty-four, but they're all pretty damn good. [Links are to MP3s on the Daemon site, I'm not sharing anything I "shouldn't".]

- "On the Air," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Superior," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Speechless," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Young James Dean," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Soldiers," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "I Wonder Where You've Gone," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Commander," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Bird On the Wire," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Genevieve," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Kittery Tide," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "I Know Where You Are," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "This Is Me," by Girlyman, from Little Star
- "Viola," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Hey Rose," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Say Goodbye," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Fall Stories," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "The Shape I Found You In," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Maori," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Montpelier," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Even If," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "David," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "My Sweet Lord," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Postcards from Mexico," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am
- "Amaze Me," by Girlyman, from Remember Who I Am

Girlyman is two girls and a guy. They're very funny (and good) onstage. The boy, he's got this TMBG thing going on; ok, don't know if I'd call it a "thing" but when it's his song to sing I think "hey, he sounds like a John". The girls are great too, and when the sorta-lead girl sings, I think "hey, she sounds like Kelly Hogan" which probably means nothing to most of you, but rest assured Kelly Hogan has some pipes.

I encourage all of you to check out Girlyman, as most of you will like them quite a bit—I am supremely confident of that.

technorati tags: ,





 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.