No Fancy Name
Thursday, November 10, 2005
tea! lovely, lovely tea
Halloweenlover left a comment on my Flickr photo of a tea shipment I got from Adagio Teas a few months ago. I actually blogged about it here, talking about how lovely the box smelled and how excited I was to get new tea goodies.

I still love Adagio Teas and especially my ingenuiTEA teapot. It ROCKS. I had purchased a sampler of teas, each in little 2oz containers, and they lasted quite a long time. I'm partial to black tea but I'm learning to appreciate really good green tea. Herbals have never really been my thing except for when I'm really sick and it's some sort of super heavy-duty good-for-you kind of herbal tea. But as normal everyday tea, not so much.

Adagio Teas offers like a bazillion different kinds of tea, in various sizes. When they say the 2oz sample makes ten cups, they mean it. For two bucks, the samples are a great way to try a bunch of new teas. Each tea has a photo of the actual loose tea in a wee pile, plus a good description of the flavor produced. Also, within each section you can switch between an alphabetical listing, a user rating, and a country of origin. So for example if you're looking at the herbal listing you can see alphabetically "apple cantata" to "wild strawberry", then the rating (out of five) with peppermint leading the way, then you can switch to origin and see that most come from China but some from Thailand. These folks know their tea.

In my most recent order, I ordered sample sizes of yunnan jig (which I already know I like), earl grey green, rooibos almond, and chestnut (for the holidays).

The offer of $5 gift certificates still stands—that's 25 cups of tea of you get 2.5 sample sized teas. If you'd like a certificate to Adagio Teas, leave a comment and I'll send one to you [or enter your address over there in the right-column under the "Goodies for You" heading]. It's part of their spread-the-word marketing campaign, wherein basically if you want free tea, you can get it. How cool is that?!

edited to add: Nancy White recently posted about the various elements of a "tea community" that Adagio has, such as TeaChef, TeaMuse, TeaChat, and TeaMap...things I totally failed to mention but are indeed great.

technorati tag:





 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.