No Fancy Name
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
i slept through my alarm and truly thought today was Saturday
It isn't.

My body didn't like the idea of two all-nighters in a row, and rebelled. Getting old sucks! But at least I know (because I'm old and wise) that when your body rebels like that, it's inevitably for the best. So I'm not stressing about it.

I have to do some work now (for work work, the work that pays me) and then I'll try to squeeze in some work on my AmLit essay which is technically due tonight but he said that if we don't manage to get on campus til Wednesday morning to hand it in, no big deal. I'll think I'll take advantage of that, which will allow me not to stress so much about it.

Even the act of finishing the other two things was a great weight off my shoulders. Well, that and the fact that I've written five-ish pages of this essay already and my prof didn't have any issues with it (besides syntax, which is fine by me). Working with editors for my books has previously cured me of taking offense to the virtual red pen of editors. I am now a big fan of editors. I think the trick is to learn from the marks and not keep making the same mistakes. "Duh!" you all say, right? But such is not the case in school...I see people complaining about editing marks on their papers, over and over again, and I ask them, "Were you mindful of the marks on paper 1 when you wrote paper 2?" "No, it's my paper, this is how I write" "Then shut up." I enjoy marks on papers because it means the prof actually read my stuff. Marks and an A or A-, I'm good with that. I dig the learning experience. Of course, if I totally wrote like shit I might think otherwise, but I don't, so I'm going with my statements above as truth.

Also, to all you profs out there mired in grading: you can do it! To my fellow grad students also finishing up theses and what not: you can do it!

Now if only I can do it, everything will be hunky dory.

Need coffee now.





 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.