No Fancy Name
Monday, October 30, 2006
are you sick of these updates yet? I am.
grad school blah blah blah teaching blah blah blah working blah blah blah.

* Exam #1 is on Friday morning, approx 92 hours from now.

* Excuse me while I spend the next three days re-reading Greek plays, The Faerie Queene, Paradise Lost, and several Shakespeare tragedies. I'm probably cool with them, but these are the works I have nightmares about forgetting when faced with questions about them. I'm cool with Beowulf, Sir Gawain and The Green Knight, several important Chaucerian things, metaphysical poetry, and enough 18th C novels to get me through.

* Unsurprisingly, I'm a hell of a lot more prepared for the GRE subject test (approx 116 hours from now) this time around.

* My students wrote an in-class essay today. They will revise this essay, workshop it, and turn it in all nice and pretty and such. A good idea (in almost all of our 1A classes, essay #7 is a revision of essay #6), except for them to get maximum revision-before-workshop time they should get their essays back on Wednesday. No, I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I made this schedule. Oh well.

* I cooked several things over the weekend, so I have plenty of prepared food in the house for the next week.

* Nothing to read for my two seminars this week. One seminar doesn't meet and the other consists of student presentations. Whew.

* My thesis proposal is finally in the hands of the graduate committee. I had to get a second reader at the very last minute because the logical choice for second reader [out of those people in the department who are allowed to be readers] hasn't even been around campus that we could tell, and thus I couldn't track her down. I think it'll work out better with this new second reader. He's my comp studies prof, and also splits time with the Am Studies dept, and is just an all-around cool guy.

* Back to work. I somehow managed not to enter any time yet in our time tracker tool for the month of October. All my tasks/time/etc indicators are sitting in my sent-mail folder and I have to go enter them into the tool. All 238 of them.

Labels:






 



ME-RELATED
job / books / new blog

ARCHIVES
04/04 · 05/04 · 06/04 · 07/04 · 08/04 · 09/04 · 10/04 · 11/04 · 12/04 · 01/05 · 02/05 · 03/05 · 04/05 · 05/05 · 06/05 · 07/05 · 08/05 · 09/05 · 10/05 · 11/05 · 12/05 · 01/06 · 02/06 · 03/06 · 04/06 · 05/06 · 06/06 · 07/06 · 08/06 · 09/06 · 10/06 · 11/06 · 12/06 · ???


CREATIVE COMMONS

Creative Commons License
All blog content licensed as Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike.