Apparently I was to attach an explanation to my previous post. Sorry about that.
* No, there's nothing wrong.
* Nothing "happened."
* I simply don't have anything to say.
* One could argue that I've never had anything to say, and the previous 1169 posts were wastes of space. I wouldn't go that far. I think 100 or so were useful and relevant.
* Being an "authority" in something is only useful if people actually listen to what you have to say, learn from it, and pass that knowledge on to others. Otherwise, you're talking to a wall and that's useful for no one.
* I have zero interest in putting in the time and effort to remain an "authority" in anything technology-related. If I wanted to remain plugged-in and knowledgable about cutting-edge things, I wouldn't have spent the last year or so trying to disentangle myself from it all.
* I associate blogging with a part of my life that I really have strong negative feelings about. Having a virtual presence keeps more than a foot in a world I really don't dig.
I figured I'd mentioned all this at some point. Must have only been on the phone or whatever to people I talk to in real life. Anyone who knows me at all knows how much I struggle with this whole bleeding-edge technology vs simplification vs utility thing.